Nothing to Prove, Nothing to Lose

musings, thoughts, and ramblings from a tall guy in a small town

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nocona, Texas, United States

I like Pebbles, both fruity and cocoa. I like fruit flavored sodas, specifically orange, grape, and peach. I like the dark meat of a chicken. I love my wife and my kids. I love my church. I love Jesus because He first loved me.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gators-Noles Tops (part 3)

Top 5 Most Painful Memories:

1. 2003 - The Swindle in the Swamp. Florida is cheated out of a victory by Jack Childress and his ACC crew. This is a pretty fitting description of what happened and the Gator Nation's lingering bitterness: http://www.orangeandbluehue.com/2007/11/19/fsu-hate-week-remember-the-swindle/ (you may have to cut and paste...links are fickle).

2. 1993 - Charlie Ward to Warrick Dunn. Swamp crowd goes from bedlam to silence in an instant. I watched this game immobilized, 5 days after tearing my ACL.

3. 2001 - Even though the Gators pummelled the Noles, scumbag Darnell Dockett's intentional injury of Earnest Graham resonated in the following game, a loss to Tennessee and the loss of the SEC East crown.

4. 2002 - Not so much for the game itself, which was bad, but because I watched the majority of it in the emergency room with my extremely ill 8-month-old son.

5. 1996 - I felt real, physical pain watching Danny Wuerffel get drilled late, time after time, by the cheatin' Noles. Missed field goals hurt, too. So did INTs. Thankfully, the pain was eased a month later with the crushing in the Sugar Bowl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home