Nothing to Prove, Nothing to Lose

musings, thoughts, and ramblings from a tall guy in a small town

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nocona, Texas, United States

I like Pebbles, both fruity and cocoa. I like fruit flavored sodas, specifically orange, grape, and peach. I like the dark meat of a chicken. I love my wife and my kids. I love my church. I love Jesus because He first loved me.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Gators-Noles Tops (part 1)

This Saturday the good guys from the University of Florida will travel to Tallahassee to take on the hated Florida State Seminoles. In honor of the heated rivalry, I thought I'd weigh in with some of my favorites.

Top 10 Favorite games (in order):

January 2, 1997 - Florida embarrasses the top-ranked, undefeated Seminoles 52-20 in the Sugar Bowl for their first National Championship. Danny Wuerffel avenges the late hits dealt by the Noles during the last regular season game, won by the Noles.

November 22, 1997 - Doug Johnson hits Quezzie Green for a HUGE gain in the game-winning drive. Two Fred Taylor carries later, the Gators were in the endzone and the undefeated Noles were sent packing, 32-29. This was the first of four Spurrier-devised alternating QB games.

November 24, 2007 - After listening to threats and trash-talk from the Noles for the week leading up to the game, Tim Tebow accounts for 5 touchdowns (3 passing, 2 running) as the Gators rout the hapless Noles, 45-12.

November 20, 2004 - In Ron Zook's last game as Gator coach, the Gators go into Tallahassee and ruin the dedication of Bobby Bowden Field by stunning the Noles, 20-13.

November 17, 2001 - Led by Rex Grossman, the Gators frustrate the Noles, 37-13 (also, the last game I attended at the Swamp).

November 26, 2005 - In Urban Meyer's first taste of the rivalry, special teams, offense, and defense all play lights out in the 34-7 Gators victory.

November 30, 1991 - The Gators prevail 14-9 with a gutsy last minute defensive stand. As the last-gasp FSU pass fell helplessly to the ground in the endzone, Gator Nation rejoiced.

November 25, 1995 - Florida caps its first perfect regular season with a win over the Noles in unseasonably chilly Gainesville, 35-24.

November 25, 2006 - After going up 14-0 in the first half, the Gators give up two TDs in the second. With the score tied, Chris Leak hits Dallas Baker for the game-winning score to finish up the regular season with a 21-14 victory and send the Gators on to the SEC Chmpionship and BCS National Title.

Disclaimer: These are not necessarily the best games of the rivalry, but they are all games I have watched and revelled in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rev. said...

GO GATORS!

4:42 PM, November 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home