Nothing to Prove, Nothing to Lose

musings, thoughts, and ramblings from a tall guy in a small town

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nocona, Texas, United States

I like Pebbles, both fruity and cocoa. I like fruit flavored sodas, specifically orange, grape, and peach. I like the dark meat of a chicken. I love my wife and my kids. I love my church. I love Jesus because He first loved me.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Testing, testing...is this thing on? Can everyone hear me?

Well here goes. I have tried to deny my inner blogger for several months now, but I am weary and can't fight any more. So let's rumble. I have to admit, the main reason I've hesitated entering the blogosphere is pride and selfishness. I've been a lurker on countless blogs and have seen the ways the comments are often used to attack both the blogger and other commenters. Since my earliest memories, my greatest fear has been the criticism and unfavorable opinions of others. When I know people don't like me or don't approve of me it eats at my insides and keeps me up at night. So I suppose this exercise will be partly thereapeutic in exposing me to that which I fear the most. It's kind of like taking an agoraphobic to a shopping mall or taking a Florida State Seminole to a Policeman's Ball. So really, the title of my blog, "Nothing to Prove, Nothing to Lose" is less a reflection of my current disposition than it is a longing...an attitude I hope to cultivate. Feel free to stop by often. Leave your comments. Be honest. Be gentle. I can't promise that you'll find anything groundbreaking or mindblowing. But hopefully you'll hear the ramblings, humor, and thoughts of a guy who lives by the immortal words of a legendary animated presidential candidate, "We most move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom."

Dave

5 Comments:

Blogger TRUTH or CONSEQUENCES said...

Dave,
I saw your HEART on WADE'S new posting for today. I look forward to reading your BLOG.
LOVE
A Brother in CHRIST

5:46 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Bowden McElroy said...

Dave,

Welcome to the dark side!

10:23 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Mike Woodward said...

I'm glad you're blogging. Your post on Wade Burleson's blog was a home run for me! I needed that word.

11:13 PM, June 19, 2006  
Blogger Scott Hill said...

Welcome Dave, I look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Fide-O

12:35 AM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Alan E. Kurschner said...

Welcome, the water is warm...

9:59 AM, June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home